Wednesday, March 11, 2020

21st Century American Political Reality

Trump people don’t scare me. I have known my entire adult life (and most of my teenaged years) that there is evil in the world. What terrifies me is this group, which seems to be gathered around Bernie Sanders (and I voted for Sanders in the 2016 primary), who see no difference between Trump's republicans and the Democratic Party, who see Biden being the same as Trump politically, who see ultimate corruption everywhere but in their own camp.
This “mindset” is insane.
Biden was not my choice. Biden is not my choice today. He has positions in his past that I do not like at all.
But Joe Biden is not a threat to the United States of America, and the whole world.
Donald J. Trump is a menace to human civilization at every point, politically, environmentally, and stupidly.
He has to be removed.
He cannot hold power any longer.
I will raise hell with Joe Biden and his administration. I will object to policies that are not progressive. I will protest and annoy the hell out of as many of them as I can.
But you know what will not happen? Joe Biden will not get on Twitter and sic his mentally ill supporters on people who criticize him. He will not toss out idiotic conspiracy theories that incite people to sending mail bombs to public officials and firing weapons in pizza joints looking for child trafficking rings being run by Secretaries of State. He will not retweet white supremacists and Nazis and leaders of the ku klux klansmen. He will never have David Duke writing adoring, appreciative pieces about how they finally have someone representing their views in the White House. Contrary to what Trump would have you believe, he will not use his son as his envoy to countries where he has hotels or any other personal business interests. He will not violate the emoluments clause of the Constitution on an hourly basis. He will not alienate every single ally that the United States has trusted for the last 75 years, while taking up with every despicable dictator the world over.
And he will not take direction from the President of Russia because the President of Russia put him in office and/or has compromising information to hold over his head.
If you see no difference between Democrats and what republicans have become, if you see no difference between Joe Biden and Donald Trump, you are out of your fucking mind, and you may well be beyond help.
I encourage you to get the help that you need, try your very best to take it to heart, regain the power of rational thought (assuming you ever had it), and take another look at the world.

No comments: