Saturday, October 04, 2008

Poor Red Sox

They did well to make the postseason. Really a credit to them. But obviously they are just too banged up to do any good in the playoffs. Don't even know if half of them will be able to play, and not having Manny...and that Bay kid, he's never been in the postseason.

Kevin Youkilis, playing third for Mike Lowell, spectacular catch on foul pop in 9th.
J.D. Drew, herniated disk, 3 for 5, 2 runs scored, 3 rbi; game winning 3-run homer in the 8th.
Jason Bay, 5 for 9, 2 runs scored, 5 rbi, 2 homers and a double in the first two games.

Game Two: Red Sox 7, Angels 5

Boston leads the series, 2 games to none.

Red Sox' Major League record postseason winning streak versus the Angels: 11.

Beckett at Fenway Sunday Night.
Life is Good!

Note: One of my favorite people in the entire world is a dedicated, life-long Angels fan. You know who you are. I feel your pain. I am genuinely attempting to be as circumspect as possible in my little reflections here. Please pardon my enthusiasm. I'm being as gentle as I can.

No comments: