Saturday, October 27, 2007

World Series Game 3 Pregame

Daisuke Matsuzaka was not nearly as effective away from Fenway Park as he was at home this year. That makes perfect sense to me, for, while he had to learn Boston, he had no opportunity to acclimate to any other place i North America. I remember the old Dick Vitale analysis of college hoops freshman: "By tourney time, baby, they aren't freshmen any more!" Dice K has had the season, but no time in Denver. I have no idea what the elevations are in Japan, but I will assume that he hasn't pitched in the mile high environs. Then again, he throws hard, and that should help him. Most of the pitchers who've had terrible trouble at Coors Field have been the finesse, Denny Neagle-types of guys.
Tito has bumped Ellsbury into the leadoff spot. If he keeps it on the ground, Jacoby could be a force in this huge yard. Youk won't do any chirping about being out of the lineup. Plus, if the Sox lead, he'll be in at the end. Papi is a huge man who is not accustomed to playing in the field. As John Calipari so often says, "It is what it is." Will the Rockies suddenly decide to have everybody try to bunt up the first baseline? Oh, I hope so! But I'm not holding my breath.
I know nothing about Josh Fogg. I'm a bit surprised that Hurdle has dropped Willy Taveras in favor of Corey Sullivan.
The Sox presented John Williams and the Boston Pops and James Taylor to perform the national anthem. The Rockies have produce one of these American Idol dopes. And so it goes.
The Game is afoot!

No comments: